Begin the tour by visiting Kazbegi, which is a small town in Mtskheta –Mtianeti region.
(one day Tour)
Route: Tbilisi –Kazbegi-AnanuriExcursion Tour
- Duration: 1day
- Meals: Full board
- Theme: Cultural tours
- Hardness: Easy
- Ages: Applies to all ages
- Best season: All the year.
- Number of pax: Starting from 2 pax (individuals / groups)
- Transportation: Bus and jeep depending on the location
Kazbegi – Dariali Gorge – Ananuri
- Begin the tour by visiting Kazbegi, which is a small town in Mtskheta –Mtianeti region. Visit Gergeti sameba church situated at an elevation of 22170 meters above sea level. The church was built in 14th Its isolated location on top of a steep mountain surrounded by the vastness of nature has made it a symbol of Georgia. Nowadays the church is a very popular tourist destination.
- Next destination is the Dariali Gorge on the border between Georgia and Russia. Its length is about 8 miles located between vertical walls of rock. The Dariali pass has been historically important as one of only two crossing Caucasian range and has been long fortified. Ruins of ancient fortress are still visible. It also served as a hub point for many roads connecting north and south Caucasus.
- Lunch in Stepantsminda
- Back to Tbilisi. On the road visit Ananuri castle complex on the Aragvi River. This was a castle and seat of the Eristavis of Aragvi, a feudal dynasty ruling this area from the 13th The castle was the scene of numerous battles. This castle and church is surrounded with very beautiful nature- forests and Jinvali water reservoir.
- Depart for Tbilisi