( Tbilisi-Zugdidi 361 km )
Duration : 2 nights / 3 days
Meals : Full board
Accommodation : 3*** 4****
Theme : Cultural tours
Hardness : Easy
Ages : All ages
Best season : every season of the year.
Number of pax : Starting from 2 pax (individuals / groups)
Transportation : Bus
Day 1 : Martvili (Martvili canyon/Martvili Monastery/Lebarde (resort)/Fortresses of Tamakoni and Abedati)
- Departure for Martvili Municipality situating in Samegrelo region, in western part of Georgia. There are a lot of sightseeing places in Martvili municipality. Among them are:
- Martvili Canyon, which is a place of great historical importance. Archeological researches conducted here revealed the remains of pre-historic humans and animals among them bones of bear and bison. According to this Gachedili is regarded as the third discovery in the world. Martvili canyon has lots of waterfalls and sky blue water. A boat for maximum 4 persons can be lent for the unforgettable journey in the canyon. there is a nice environment for a picnic among the trees.
- After Martvili Canyon you can visit Martvili monastery from the early middle Ages situating in the center of the town.
- Lebarde is a local resort situating in Martvili municipality at an elevation of 1600 meters above sea level. It is a climatic-balneological resort with mild winter and cool summer.
- After the resort you can visit Abedati and Tamakoni fortresses from about XVI_XVII centuries.
- Dinner and overnight in Martvili(Family hotel)
Day 2 : Senaki (Nokalakevi)-Anaklia
Departure for Senaki municipality to visit one of the important landmarks on the territory of Samegrelo, Nokalakevi. Nokalakevi is a village and archeological site. Supposedly, it is the place where mythical town Aia was located and from where Argonauts stole the Golden fleet. The fortress of Nokalakevi dates back to 4-6th century AD. It was called as Archaeopolis or Tsikhegoji (fortress of kuji).The fortress is located 15 km from Senaki.
Within the walls of Nokalakevi fortress Forty Martyrs Church is situated. It was originally built as aisled basilica but was reconstructed and turned into a dome church.
Picnic in the nature
Departure for Anaklia, which is a town and seaside resort in western Georgia. Anaklia was one of the earliest settlements dating back to mid-bronze age and had typical Colchian culture. As a seaside resort, Anaklia has been recently reconstructed and renovated and has all modern amenities: Hotels, bars, restaurants etc.
Dinner and overnight in Anaklia
Day 3 : Zugdidi (Dadian’s palace/Lake Papantskvili)
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Departure from Anaklia to Zugdidi
- Visit Dadian’s palace, which was the residence of Dadiani dynasty. This was a family of nobles, dukes and princes ruling Samegrelo for centuries. The members of the family were well-educated and interested in different fields. Now the former residence of the family is state historical and ethnographical museum with unique and invaluable examples and objects from different periods.
- Next destination is Papantsyvili Lake situating not far from Zugdidi, it takes nearly 15 minutes to get there from Zugdidi. It is deep and attracts people with its beauty and admiring views.
- Back to Tbilisi