Flora and Fauna / Georgia Caucasus
Firstly, Georgia is a paradise for nature lovers, botanists and for tracing wildlife, Its rich geographical diversity is well reflected in its flora and fauna.
Types of the floral plants
- The country has more than 5000 types of the floral plants, of which around 15% are endemic to the Caucasus
- Also around 300 are endemic to Georgia alone.
Birds and Fishes
- First at all, forests are widespread mostly in mountains and occupy about the third of the country area.
Moreover, as for the Fauna, it is represented with more than:
- 100 types of mammals, 330 types of birds
- and 160 types of fishes.
- Also, many of them are endemic or half-endemic. Four endemic species can be seen only here.
The Georgian forests and animals
1-Firstly, About The Georgian forests
Georgian forests, which cover about 40% of Georgia’s territory, are home to :
- wolves, bears, jackals, lynx and other predators.
- Also, Hoofed animals, such as roe deer, red deer, wild boar, wild goat etc can also be found here.
In 2003, a striking discovery was made:
remote sensing cameras captured an adult male Anatolian Leopard in the Vashlovani National Park.
- This animal had been considered long extinct in Georgia.
- Georgia is, without any doubt, a bird-watching paradise.
- Definitely, the southern region of Georgia is especially rich in bird life, including highland raptors as well as the many wetland varieties.
- It is worth mentioning that the common pheasant, which is found across Europe and North America originates from the Caucasus region and is named after the Phasis River-Today’s Rioni River in western Georgia.
In conclusion :
To view more environmental trips and files of nature and adventure trips, you can click here .
We also note that we are conducting exploratory trips to see all the nature reserves and wildlife in Georgia
For more information and to design tailor made tour and the number of days you need, you can write to us here