Tour Georgia Gulliver 10 days
Travel in a mystery world of magic :
Tour Georgia and how you can enjoy,discover and become Gulliver for 10 days travel, a real adventure in a mystery world of magic,culture,history and nature.
The itinerary :
- Duration : 9 nights / 10 days
- Accommodation : 3*** 4****
- Theme : Cultural tours
- Hardness : Easy
- Ages : All ages
- Best season : every season of the year.
- Number of pax : Starting from 4 pax (individuals / groups)
- Meeting at the airport
- Direct transfer to the railway station-traveling with night train
- Finally, overnight in the train
Day 2 : Batumi (Gonio castle/Petra palace/Batumi Botanical Garden)
- Firstly, Breakfast
- Firstly, we go sightseeing round Batumi. We will visit Gonio Castle, Petra palace and Batumi Botanical garden.
- Dinner at a local restaurant
- After dinner free time in Batumi-stroll along the famous Batumi Boulevard
- Check-in the Hotel
- Finally, overnight in Batumi
Day 3 : Mestia (Nakipari St, George’s church/Historical-ethnigraphic museum/Lagami Church/Latali church/Lenjeri church)
- Firstly, Breakfast
- After breakfast it’s time to get ready for the most interesting part of the tour Georgia, You will travel to Svaneti, This is the highest region and also famous for its oldest traditions.
Nakipari St. George’s church :
- Visit Nakipari St. George’s church, the royal artist Tevdore decorated the church at the edge of XI-XII centuries .
Historical-Ethnographic Museum :
- In the middle of the day, we will visit Historical-Ethnographic Museum in Mestia, where unique icons and manuscripts are kept.
- After Historical-Ethnographic museum in Mestia visit Lagami church in the village with the same name dating back to 8th century, also visit Latali church dating back to 11-12 centuries (hence: the name of the village”Latali)”.
Lenjeri Church :
- Visit Lenjeri Church situating in a village Lashtkhveri.
- This church dates back to the middle ages. The main theme of inner paintings is Archangel and this is why they call the church as “Lenjeri church of Archangel” .
- Finally, Dinner and overnight in family style hotel.
Day 4 : Ushguli (Church of the virgina Mary (Lamaria)/ ethnographical museum of Ushguli )
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Jeep trip to Ushguli, which is the highest settlment in Europe, situating at an elevation of 2200 meters above sea level.
Church of the Virgin Mary (Lamaria) :
- Have a look at Church of the Virgin Mary (Lamaria) from 12th century and ethnographical museum of Ushguli (please keep in mind that for each sightseeing in Svaneti you will approximately need 6$-it’s a non-governmental fees stated by the local population to keep the heritage of the region preserved).
- Finally,dinner and Overnight in family style hotel
Day 5 : Zugdidi/Kutaisi (Dadian’s palace/Enguri Water reservoir)
- Trip to Zugdidi
Dadian’s palace :
- Visit Dadian’s palace (Ticket price 1.70$). Representatives of Dadiani dynasty were very well acknowledged of world history, cultural and world technological achievements.
- There are about 41000 items on display in the museum, they were totally involved in social activity, most of which are unique and priceless pieces of art important for Georgian and Foreign culture.
Enguri Water reservoir :
- Also, On the way you will also see Enguri Water reservoir which is 271 meter high. This is the highest reservoir of this kind in the whole Europe. The reservoir provides water for the beautiful Samegrelo lands and Svanetian Mountains.
- Then, Continue the trip to Kutaisi
- Finally, overnight in Kutaisi, hotel.
Day 6 : Kutaisi sightseeing (Gelati monastic complex/Bagrati Cathedral/ Sataflia Nature Resort/Motsameta Monastery)
- Firstly, after breakfast we will begin the tour round Kutaisi which is the second biggest city in Georgia.
- Georgians founded Kutaisi about 40 centuries ago and in the past it was the capital city of Kolkhetian kingdom.
- Without a doubt, this city connected with the most famous myth about Argonauts and the golden fleet.
Gelati monastic complex :
- Also, in our tour Georgia ,you must not forget to visit Gelati monastic complex, situated in Kutaisi, Imereti.
- It was one of the most important cultural and intellectual centers in Georgia.
- Its academy employed outstanding Georgian scientists, philosophers etc.
- Moreover, the complex itself contains three churches. David the Builder sounded One of them is church of the Virgin in 12th century and St. George and St. Nicholas churches dating back to 13th
Bagrati Cathedral :
- Secondly, After Gelati you will visit Bagrati Cathedral located in the town of Kutaisi, on the high hill called “Ukimerioni”. Bagrat III (hence the name is “Bagrati Cathedral) built The cathedral in the 11th century during his reign.
- Furthermore, The Ottoman troops invading the kingdom of Imereti devastated the cathedral in 17th century.
- But, in 2012 Georgians built Bagrati Cathedral again .
Sataflia Nature Resort :
- Visit Sataflia Nature Resort. From ancient times inhabited bees at this place and the local population collected honey from this place.That’s why also, they call it “Sataplia” (place of honey).
- Also, Sataplia has a complex character and most of the people know it by its unique caves.
- In these caverns there are stalactites and stalagmites which astonish visitors.
- Also, in cave one can find a spring as well flowing in the wall.
- Georgians established Sataplia resort to protect these geologic, paleontological, speleological and botanical monuments.
Motsameta Monastery :
- After Sataflia Nature resort you will visit Motsameta Monastery, Georgians built the church in the same place where the persians aggressors executed Georgian princes David and Konstantin Mkheidze as a reminder.
- Also, it is a small church situating above the rough of the river Rioni and the coastal vegetation buried the church in.
- additionally, Georgians reconstructed the building two times, first in 10th century by Bagrat III and in 19th century as well.
- Finally, Dinner and overnight in Kutaisi
Day 7 : Kutaisi-uplistsikhe-Gori-Mtskheta-Tbilisi
- Firstly, Breakfast at the hotel
- After breakfast depart for Uplistsikhe, one of the most mysterious places in our tour Georgia, a rock-hewn town situated in Eastern part of Georgia.
- It is about 100 km western from Tbilisi. Scientists regarded this cave city as one of the oldest urban settlements in Georgia connecting its history to the mythical Uplos, which was a son of Mtskhetos.
Joseph Stalin’s Museum :
- Also, After Uplistsikhe,as we interest in our tour Georgia for the historical places, you will visit Joseph Stalin’s Museum in Gori, they established it in 1951 as a memorial to Stalin.
- Stalin, relatively modern personage who have big influence in our modern history.
- Undoubtedly, In the museum a guest can see many items connected to the leader.
- Moreover, Among them are: wooden hut in which Stalin was born and spent his 1st four years, his office furniture, gifts made to him, personal items, railway carriage etc. As for the building itself it has Stalinist gothic style.
Jvari Monastery :
- Visit Jvari Monastery on the top of the rocky mountain.
- Moreover, the monastery is overlooking the confluence of two rivers-Mtkvari and Aragvi. Its history is connected with St. Nino, who erected wooden cross at this place able to work miracles.
- After Jvari monastery, visit Svetitskhoveli According to the existing legend Christ’s mantle is buried there. Svetitskhoveli is a seat of archbishop and Catholicos-patriarch of all Georgia
- Picnic in Nature
Shio-Mghvime monastery :
- Next destination is Shio-Mghvime monastery. It is a monastic complex established in the 6th century by Monk Shio.
- Furthermore Monk Shio is one of the 13 Assyrian fathers who came to Georgia.
Samtavro Orthodox church :
- Besides, after Shio-Mghvime monastery, visit Samtavro Orthodox church in the center of the city. It is a Nunnery of St. Nino.
- Additionally, King Mirian III of Iberia built The church in 4th century by and was reconstructed several times throughout the history.
- Also, the famous Georgian monk Gabriel is buried in the yard of the church.
- Back to Tbilisi
- Finally, Dinner and overnight in Tbilisi
Day 8 : Tbilisi/Sighnaghi/Telavi
- Firstly, Breakfast at the hotel and after breakfast begin the tour round Tbilisi
- VisitNarikala Fortress– one of the most ancient fortresses in Georgia. It overlooks the capital of Georgia, Tbilisi.
Holy Trinity Cathedral of Tbilisi :
- After Narikala you will visit the Holy Trinity Cathedral of Tbilisi, also known as “Sameba”. It was built in 1995-2004.
- Also, it is the 3rd tallest eastern orthodox cathedral in the world.
- Lunch in a typical restaurant in city center
- After lunch, you will visit Anchiskhati Church, oldest surviving church in Tbilisi. the King Dachi built the church in 6th century AD.
Sioni Cathedral :
- In the afternoon, visit the Sioni Cathedral, situated in the historic “SionisKucha”. Sioni Cathedral was the main Georgian cathedral until Sameba cathedral was completed in 2004.
Metekhi church :
- Metekhi church-is situated on the elevated rock and overlooks the River “Mtkvari”,we consider it as one of the important places to visit in our tour Georgia.
- Abviously, according to the Georgian annals, Vakhtang I Gorgasali built it in 5th century and used it as the king’s residence.
- Lunch at the restaurant
Bodbe monastery :
- Depart for Bodbe, a Georgian orthodox monastic complex. the location of Bodba 2 km from Sighnaghi.
- According to the historical data St. Nino withdrew to the Bodbe gorge and died here.
- It is a most popular place for pilgrims. they say that St. Nino’s spring in Bodbe works miracles.
- Visit newly renovated small town Sighnaghi, one of the most requested visits in our tour Georgia, nowadays peolpe know it as “Love city” in Georgia.
- Also, its economy is dominated by the production of wine. Despite being one of the smallest towns it undergone fundamental reconstruction and nowadays it is a main center of Georgia’s cultural and tourism industry.
- Departure for Telavi
- Finally, dinner and overnight in Telavi
Day 9 : Telavi(Batonistsikhe/ Alaverdi monastery)
- Firstly, Breakfast
Tsinandali and wine degustation :
- After breakfast we will arrange wine degustation tour in Kakheti region and visit Tsinandali wine cellar (marani) and, In addition, the house museum of Georgian poet Alexander chavchavadze (entrance fee 3-12$ including degustation of 5 kinds of wine.
- Moreover, after degustation begin the tour round Telavi-Telavi sightseeing
- Secondly, Visit Batonistsikhe, the residence of Kakhetian kings in 17-18th centuries (entry fee 1.70$). Archil II built Batonistsikhe when he moved the capital from Gremi to Telavi.
- Also, This is the place where Irakli II was born and died.
Alaverdi monastery :
- Thirdly, In our tour Georgia,we must visit Alaverdi monastery which situates near the Town Telavi. Also, Some parts of the monastery dates back to 6th century A.D.
- The Assyrian monk Joseph Alaverdeli established and built The monastery in 11th. Nowadays Alaverdi Cathedral is the 2nd tallest religious building in Georgia, after Sameba Cathedral in Tbilisi.
Shuamta monasteries :
- Then, Visit Shuamta monasteries (“old” and “new”). The old one dates back to 5th century A.D. and the new one date back to 16th They stand in a forest of deciduous trees.
Ikalto monastery :
- Visit Ikalto monastery not far from Telavi (about 7 km). Ikalto monastery was the biggest cultural and educational center of 5th century A.D.
- After sightseeing in Telavi dinner in one of the Telavi restaurants.
- Without a doubt, here you will experience the tradition of making Georgian bread, churchkhela, mtsvadi and khinkali.
- In addition, one of the most distinguishing features in our tour Georgia, that you will taste three types of wine and also the most famous Georgian dishes .
- Finally, Overnight in Telavi
Day 10 : Tbilisi (KusTba)
- Back to Tbilisi
- Visiting KusTba and souvenir shops in Tbilisi.
- A farewell supper/Transfer to Airport