Joseph Stalin Museum is possibly one of the most interesting museums in Georgia.
Firstly, the museum is located in Gori, near the nation’s capital city, dedicated to the life of Joseph Stalin, the leader of the Soviet Union.
The main corpus of the complex began in 1951 ostensibly as a local history museum, but intended to become a memorial to Joseph Stalin.
The museum retained until recent years its soviet-era characteristics.
Stalin’s house :
- Also, the visitors in the museum can see a lot of items actually or allegedly owned by Stalin.
- First of all, the most noteworthy is Stalin’s house.
- It is a small wooden hut, in which Stalin was born and spent his first four years of his life.
- The hut is duplex and Stalin’s father, who was a local shoemaker,Also rented the one room on the left hand of the building and spent four years there.
Stalin’s railway carriage :
- Stalin’s railway carriage is also preserved in the museum.
- It is a green Pullman carriage by which he had travelled to Tehran, Yalta and Potsdam.
- It was sent to museum in 1965.
- Also, it should be noted that the exhibits inside the museum are divided into six halls in chronological order.
- It also includes many items belonging to Stalin.
- Among them are his office furniture, personal things, gifts from over the world, manuscripts, numerous pictures of great importance etc.
- Furthermore, the museum was closed in 1989 due to the destruction of the Soviet Union, and independence movement of Georgia, but has been reopened and now is a popular tourist attraction.