Holiday 3 Days Samegrelo – Martvili
Holidays Tour 3 Days :
Holiday Martvili ,which is a place of great historical importance.
Before we move towards Samegrelo region, our travel agency advise you in your holiday to visit Martvili Canyon.
Furthermore, you can lent a boat for maximum 4 persons for the unforgettable journey in the canyon.
Itinerary :Tbilisi -Martvili-Senaki-Zugdidi-Tbilisi
( Tbilisi-Zugdidi 361 km )
Duration : 2 nights / 3 days
Meals : Breakfast
Accommodation : 3*** 4****
Theme : Cultural tours
Hardness : Easy
Ages : All ages
Best season : every season of the year.
Number of pax : Starting from 2 pax (individuals / groups)
Transportation : Private car
Day 1 : Martvili (Martvili canyon/Martvili Monastery/Lebarde (resort)/Fortresses of Tamakoni and Abedati)
- Firstly,you can begin your holiday tour by Departure for a town called “Martvili”
- “Martvili” located in Samegrelo region, in western part of Georgia.
- There are a lot of sightseeing places in Martvili .
- Among them are:
- Secondly ,after Martvili Canyon you can continue your holiday by visiting Martvili monastery from the early middle Ages situating in the center of the town.
- First at all,it is a local resort situating in Martvili at an elevation of 1600 meters above sea level.
- Also,It is a climatic-balneological resort with mild winter and cool summer.
- In addition of that,after the resort you can visit “Abedati” and “Tamakoni” fortresses, from about XVI_XVII centuries.
- Finally,dinner and overnight in Martvili .
Day 2 : Senaki (Nokalakevi)-Anaklia
- Firstly,departure for Senaki to visit one of the important landmarks on the territory of Samegrelo, “Nokalakevi”.
- Nokalakevi is a village and archeological site.
- Supposedly, it is the place where mythical town “Aia” was located and from where Argonauts stole the Golden fleet.
- Georgians built The fortress of Nokalakevi between 4-6th century AD.
- Moreover,It was called as “Archaeopolis” or “Tsikhegoji” (fortress of kuji).
- The fortress is located 15 km from Senaki.
- With the walls of “Nokalakevi” fortress,Georians constructed “the Forty Martyrs Church” there.
- Not only, It was originally built as aisled basilica, but also was reconstructed and turned into a dome church.
- Picnic in the nature
- Departure for Anaklia, which is a town and seaside resort in western Georgia.
- Anaklia was one of the earliest settlements dating back to mid-bronze age.
- Additionally,It had typical Colchian culture in mid-bronze age.
- As a seaside resort, Anaklia .
- The Georgian government has recently reconstructed and renovated Anaklia,and make it has all modern amenities such as : Hotels, bars, restaurants etc.
- Finally,dinner and overnight in Anaklia
Day 3 : Zugdidi (Dadian’s palace/Lake Papantskvili)
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Firstly,departure from Anaklia to Zugdidi
- Also,you can visit Dadian’s palace, which was the residence of Dadiani dynasty.
- Obviously,there was a family of nobles, dukes and princes ruling Samegrelo for centuries.
- Also,we should know that the members of the family were well-educated and interested in different fields.
- Additionally,Now the former residence of the family is state historical and ethnographical museum.
- Also,you can find there unique and invaluable examples and objects from different periods.
- READ MORE ABOUT HISTORY OF GEORGIA,CLICK HERE
- Secondly,Next destination is “Papantsyvili Lake” situating not far from Zugdidi.
- It takes nearly 15 minutes to get there from Zugdidi.
- Also,it should be noted,that it is deep and attracts people with its beauty and admiring views.
- Finally,Back to Tbilisi