Tour around Georgia Caucasus
Around Georgia in 11 days :
Tour around Georgia in eleven Days is a unique program that will take us to make roaming in all regions of Georgia and major cities. This Tour is an invitation to look and see other parts of the unique world and the most important sites in Georgia and learn about the nature, mountains and natural life of Georgia Caucasus.
Begin the tour around Georgia by visiting Batumi OR we can offer one more day in the beginning of this tour to visit Kazbegi, which is a small town in Mtskheta –Mtianeti region.
Tour around Georgia itinerary :
Duration : 10 nights / 11 days
Accommodation : 3*** 4****
Theme : Cultural tours
Hardness : Easy
Ages : All ages
Best season : every season of the year.
Number of pax : Starting from 2 pax (individuals / groups)
Day 1 :
- Meeting at the airport
- Direct transfer to the railway station-traveling with night train
- Overnight in the train
Day 2 : Batumi (Gonio castle/Petra palace/Batumi Botanical Garden)
- Firstly,after breakfast we go sightseeing round Batumi.
- Following, we will visit Gonio Castle, Petra palace and Batumi Botanical garden.
- Dinner at a local restaurant
- After dinner free time in Batumi-stroll along the famous Batumi Boulevard
- Check-in the Hotel
- Finally,Overnight in Batumi
Day 3 :Mestia (Nakipari St, George’s church/Historical-ethnigraphic museum/Lagami Church/Latali church/Lenjeri church)
- Firstly, after breakfast it’s time to get ready for the most interesting part of the tour” svaneti ” .
- Travelling to Svaneti, This is the highest region and also famous for its oldest traditions.
- Following by visiting Nakipari St. George’s church, a royal artist Tevdore decorated it at the edge of XI-XII centuries by
Historical-Ethnographic Museum :
- Also, visit Historical-Ethnographic Museum in Mestia, where unique icons and manuscripts are kept.
- After Historical-Ethnographic museum in Mestia visit Lagami church in the village with the same name dating back to 8th century.
- visit Latali church dating back to 11-12 centuries (hence: the name of the village”Latali)”.
- Moreover,visit Lenjeri Churchsituating in a village Lashtkhveri. This church dates back to the middle ages. The main theme of inner paintings is Archangel and this is why it is called Lenjeri church of Archangel.
- Finally, dinner and overnight in family style hotel.
Day 4 : Ushguli (Church of the virgina Mary (Lamaria)/ ethnographical museum of Ushguli )
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Firstly,jeep trip to Ushguli, which is the highest settlment in Europe, situating at an elevation of 2200 meters above sea level.
- Secondly,have a look at Church of the Virgin Mary (Lamaria) from 12th century.
- Furthermore, ethnographical museum of Ushguli (please keep in mind that for each sightseeing in Svaneti you will approximately need 6$-it’s a non-governmental fees stated by the local population to keep the heritage of the region preserved).
- Finally,dinner and Overnight in family style hotel
Day 5 : Zugdidi/Kutaisi (Dadian’s palace/Enguri Water reservoir)
- Firstly, begin our day by visiting Zugdidi
Dadian’s palace :
- Also,don’t miss in our “Tour around Georgia” to Visit Dadian’s palace .
- We know that Representatives of Dadiani dynasty were very known in world history by their cultural and world technological achievements.
- They had totally involved in social activity.
- There are about 41000 items on display in the museum.
- In addition, there are most of which are unique and priceless pieces of art important for Georgian and Foreign culture.
Enguri Water reservoir :
- On the way you will also see Enguri Water reservoir which is 271 meter high.
- This is the highest reservoir of this kind in the whole Europe.
- The reservoir provides water for the beautiful Samegrelo lands and Svanetian Mountains.
- Continue the trip to Kutaisi
- Finally, overnight in Kutaisi, hotel.
Day 6 : Kutaisi sightseeing (Gelati monastic complex/Bagrati Cathedral/ Sataflia Nature Resort/Motsameta Monastery)
Read more about kutaisi,click here
- Firstly, after breakfast we will begin one of the important part of our “Tour round Georgia” in Kutaisi city which is the second biggest city in Georgia.
- They founded Kutaisi about 40 centuries ago and in the past it was the capital city of Kolkhetian kingdom.
- Also, historians have linked the most famous legend about the Argonaut and the Golden Fleet with this city.
Gelati monastic complex :
-Read more about Gelati,click here
- Also, visit Gelati monastic complex, situated in Kutaisi, Imereti. It was one of the most important cultural and intellectual centers in Georgia.
- This academy employed outstanding Georgian scientists, philosophers etc.
- The complex itself contains three churches. One of them is church of the Virgin sounded by David the Builder in 12th century and St. George and St. Nicholas churches dating back to 13th
Bagrati Cathedral :
-Read more about Bagrati,click here
- After Gelati you will visit Bagrati Cathedral located in the town of Kutaisi, on the high hill called “Ukimerioni”.
- Moreover,the cathedral was built in the 11th century during the reign of Bagrat III (hence the name is “Bagrati Cathedral).
- Following, the cathedral was devastated in 17th century by the Ottoman troops invading the kingdom of Imereti. In 2012 Bagrati Cathedral was rebuilt.
Georgian caves :
- one of the most amazing adventures in our tour around Georgia is visiting Sataflia Nature Resort. From ancient times inhabited bees at this place and the local population collected honey from this place. That’s why it is called Sataplia (place of honey).
- Sataplia has a complex character and mostly is known by its unique caves. In these caverns there are stalactites and stalagmites which astonish visitors.
- Moreover, in cave one can find a spring as well flowing in the wall. Georgians established Sataplia resort to protect these geologic, paleontological, speleological and botanical monuments.
Motsameta Monastery :
- After Sataflia Nature resort you will visit Motsameta Monastery, Georgians built it where Muslim aggressors executed Georgian princes David and Konstantin Mkheidze.
- Motsameta is a small church situating above the rough of the River Rioni and is buried in coastal vegetation.
- Additionally, the building was reconstructed two times, first in 10th century by tsar Bagrat III and in 19th century as well.
- Finally,dinner and overnight in Kutaisi
Day 7 : Kutaisi-uplistsikhe-Gori-Mtskheta-Tbilisi
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Firstly,after breakfast depart for Uplistsikhe, a rock-hewn town situated in Eastern part of Georgia. It is about 100 km western from Tbilisi.
- Scientists regarded the cave city as one of the oldest urban settlements in Georgia connecting its history to the mythical Uplos, which was a son of Mtskhetos.
Joseph Stalin’s Museum :
- Secondly,after Uplistsikhe you will visit Joseph Stalin’s Museum in Gori, the soviet government established it in 1951 as a memorial to Stalin. In the museum a guest can see many items connected to the leader. Among them are: wooden hut in which Stalin was born and spent his 1st four years, his office furniture, gifts made to him, personal items, railway carriage etc.
- Also,we must put in our own consideration that the building itself it has Stalinist gothic style.
Jvari Monastery :
-Read more about Mtskheta,click here
- Following our tour by visiting Jvari Monastery on the top of the rocky mountain.
- The monastery is overlooking the confluence of two rivers-Mtkvari and Aragvi. Its history connected with St. Nino, who erected wooden cross at this place able to work miracles.
- After Jvari monastery, visit Svetitskhoveli According to the existing legend Christ’s mantle is buried there. Svetitskhoveli is a seat of archbishop and Catholicos-patriarch of all Georgia
- Picnic in Nature
Shio-Mghvime monastery :
- Next destination is Shio-Mghvime monastery. It is a monastic complex established in the 6th century by Monk Shio, one of the 13 Assyrian fathers who came to Georgia.
Samtavro Orthodox church :
- After Shio-Mghvime monastery, Following visit Samtavro Orthodox church in the center of the city. It is a Nunnery of St. Nino. King Mirian III of Iberia built the church in 4th century and Georgians reconstructed it several times throughout the history.
- The famous Georgian monk Gabriel is buried in the yard of the church.
- Back to Tbilisi
- Finally, dinner and overnight in Tbilisi
Day 8 : Tbilisi
-Read more about Tbilisi,click here
- Firstly, breakfast at the hotel and after breakfast begin the tour round Tbilisi
Narikala Fortress :
- At the beginning of our tour for this day,we will go to visit Narikala Fortress– one of the most ancient fortresses in Georgia.
- Additionally,it overlooks the capital of Georgia, Tbilisi.
Holy Trinity Cathedral of Tbilisi :
- After Narikala you will visit the Holy Trinity Cathedral of Tbilisi, also known as “Sameba”. Georgians built it in 1995-2004.
- It is the 3rd tallest eastern orthodox cathedral in the world.
- Lunch in a typical restaurant in city center
Anchiskhati Church :
- After lunch, you will visit Anchiskhati Church, oldest surviving church in Tbilisi. King Dachi built the church in 6th century AD.
- Secondly,in the afternoon,and around the area,we can visit the Sioni Cathedral, situated in the historic “SionisKucha”.
- Sioni Cathedral was the main Georgian cathedral until Georgians completed Sameba cathedral in 2004.
- It should be noted that Georgians built Metekhi church on the elevated rock and overlooks the River “Mtkvari”.
- Moreover,according to the Georgian annals,Vakhtang I Gorgasali built it in 5th century and use it as the king’s residence.
- Finally,Lunch at the restaurant
Day 9 : Tbilisi/Sighnagi/Telavi..Tour around kakheti cities
- Read more about Sighnagi ,click here
- Firstly, breakfast at the hotel and after breakfast begin another adventure in our “tour around Georgia”, by visiting Kakheti region
Bodbe monastery :
- Depart for Bodbe,Bodbe monastery, a Georgian orthodox monastic complex. It is located 2 km from Sighnaghi. According to the historical data St. Nino withdrew to the Bodbe gorge and died here.
- Obviously,it is a most popular place for pilgrims.
- Also,it is said that St. Nino’s spring in Bodbe works miracles.
- In addition of this,visit newly renovated small town Sighnaghi, Georgians also know it as “Love city” in Georgia.
- Indeed, the production of wine dominated Its economy .
- Also, despite being one of the smallest towns it undergone fundamental reconstruction and nowadays it is a main center of Georgia’s cultural and tourism industry.
- Departure for Telavi
- Finally,dinner and overnight in Telavi
Day 10 : Telavi ( Batonistsikhe/ Alaverdi monastery )
- Firstly,after breakfast we will arrange wine degustation tour in Kakheti region and around the area we can visit Tsinandali wine cellar (marani) and the house museum of Georgian poet Alexander chavchavadze(entrance fee 3-12$ including degustation of 5 kinds of wine.
- After degustation begin the tour round Telavi-Telavi sightseeing
- Secondly,visit Batonistsikhe, the residence of Kakhetian kings in 17-18th centuries (entry fee 1.70$). Archil II built it when he moved the capital from Gremi to Telavi. This is also the place where Irakli II was born and died.
Alaverdi monastery :
- Visit Alaverdi monastery which situates near the Town Telavi.
- In addition, some parts of the monastery dates back to 6th century A.D. but the present day,the Assyrian monk Joseph Alaverdeli built the cathedral in 11th century.
- Nowadays Alaverdi Cathedral is the 2nd tallest religious building in Georgia, after Sameba Cathedral in Tbilisi.
- Also, visit Shuamta monasteries (“old” and “new”).
- The old one dates back to 5th century A.D. and the new one date back to 16th They stand in a forest of deciduous trees.
- Also, visit Ikalto monastery not far from Telavi (about 7 km).
- Ikalto monastery was the biggest cultural and educational center of 5th century A.D.
- After sightseeing in Telavi dinner in one of the Telavi restaurants.
- Furthermore,here we will not forget in our tour around Georgia that you will experience the tradition of making Georgian bread, churchkhela, mtsvadi and khinkali.
- You will taste three types of wine and also the most famous Georgian dishes (price: per person 40$).
- Finally,overnight in Telavi
Day 11 : Tbilisi (KusTba)
- Back to Tbilisi
- Firstly,Before our moving towards airport,don’t forget to visit KusTba and souvenir shops in Tbilisi.
- Finally, farewell supper/Transfer to Airport
The price of our “tour around Georgia” includes:
- Hotels accommodations.
- Transfer Airport/Hotel/Airport.
- Transportation according to the program
- Transportation: Bus (internal “domestic” flights are also available from Tbilisi to Batumi)
- Lunch and Picnic.
- Dinner at the hotel or at a local restaurant depending on the location.
- Breakfast is included in Hotel service.
- Guide to archaeological and architectural places and also accompany the group during the trip.
- Vehicles equipped for mountain areas.
The price of “tour around Georgia” does not include:
Entry fees for some sightseeing.
- Traveling insurance.
- Air tickets.
For more info about Tour around Georgia,see our BLOG,click here